Success with Media Interviews
Getting your message right with the media can be a huge boost to your marketing efforts, product promotions and corporate reputation.
Yet, the prospect of facing reporters can be a bit unsettling for those not accustomed to working with the media on a daily basis. Our intensive media training programs help executives feel more comfortable in this role so they can more fully share their expertise with the media – while positioning their company as favorably as possible.
This training immersion is highly interactive with ample hands-on practice that is captured on video and critiqued.
Participants in this training can expect to:
- Significantly improve the skills needed to communicate effectively with reporters
- Understand how to better control and position their products, services or company within an interview
- Learn techniques that allow them to get their message out in a convincing manner
- Feel confident in the face of media pressure
- Craft a message that is meaningful and can be clearly communicated and supported
- Reinforce key messages and use stories and anecdotes to bring their claims to life
- Practice skills needed to effectively handle and steer media interviews with print, online, radio or television reporters
- Role play real-life interview scenarios to build their comfort and confidence level
Over the years, Pitlik Consulting Group has worked with a wide variety of top level managers, including CEOs, CFOs, Executive Vice Presidents and Division Managers, as well as company spokespersons, product managers, scientists, physicians, and world-class athletes.
Our media training is intense and the results immediate. We can lead executives through the core fundamentals or prepare them for major television or print interviews that have already been lined up.
Our experience is extensive and our reputation excellent. Many well-known, national PR firms use our media training service to benefit their clients as we blend a tremendous knowledge of the media with the skills of leadership and communication training. This amounts to an accelerated transfer of knowledge and mastery of skill with the media.