Facilitation Skills Training
The ability to effectively facilitate a meeting, brainstorm, or planning session is a core skill for a truly versatile leader.
Unfortunately, many leaders never acquire the subtle and varied skills of a facilitator – making collaboration and meaningful discussions more difficult.
A strong facilitator plays a crucial role in the corporate workspace. In this training, participants learn the techniques and methods of great facilitators.
A skilled facilitator knows how to:
- Establish the appropriate environment for open dialogue
- Ensure input and collaboration
- Challenge ideas without stifling creativity
- Provide needed pace, structure and organization
- Move toward agreement and common ground
This program assists participants in:
- Creating an open environment for a free-flowing exchange of ideas
- Bringing forward fresh, creative and useful solutions
- Ensuring a balanced and open dialogue; inhibiting dominators or biases from taking over the process
- Making certain all participants are able to contribute and build on ideas
- Leading a process where ideas are explored and thoroughly expanded; defying the conventional; challenging assumptions
- Providing focus tools to ultimately bring forward convergent thinking and agreement
- Ensuring that meetings stay focused on the main challenges and objectives and don’t get sidetracked by tangential issues
- Periodically checking to see where agreement or support is building
- Ensuring all parties understand what was agreed to and what are the appropriate next steps
- Changing formats and team dynamics to keep the group engaged
- Maintaining pace and energy in the process